Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Time to Prepare


I have been having nightmares for a few weeks now all consisting of the baby coming early and me not being ready. This may stem from Zander actually coming 2 weeks early and I wasn't ready! Although it wasn't that big of a deal when he was born, Chris is pretty competent in filling the list I made of things I needed from the hospital, and my mom more than happily obliged to pick up some clothes for him (sort of a good thing I wasn't ready because he needed premie clothes) I fear more this time because I also have Zander to take care of and prepare for what to do with him while I am in the hospital.

These crazy dreams are driving ME crazy! What starts off as a middle of the night potty quickly turns into me laying in bed for 2 hours making mental lists of everything I still need to do. I figure if I break it down into small tasks, I won't get too tired and in the 5-7 weeks I have left, everything will get done.

Today's task was going through Zander's dresser and making room for baby stuff. I put away (actully I made a pile on the floor) all the winter and too small clothes and got out the newborn stuff and washed it. I had a trial size packet of Dreft left over and as I opened it, the smell of newborn krept up my nose!! I love that smell! I used that soap for a while with Zander. Actually, someone gave me a big bottle at my shower and it lasted for about 5-6 months. I will have to look for coupons and add it to my list!

Anyone have any advice on the use/need for a double stroller, and good, sturdy brands? I really think we are going to need one, but there are so many options! Any thoughts would be great!!

5 comments:

amberkei said...

Hey! That's exciting that you're getting close...as soon as you're ready, anyway! I think you're due about the same time as Jasmyn. Fun, fun!
I LOVE my double stroller, but we tend to go places for long amounts of time and Tyler is just getting to the point where he doesn't need it as much. I got this one: http://www.babytrend.com/strollers_double/SS76045.html
But a lot of that was due to the fact that we already had a fitting baby seat (actually this stroller fits most brands) and Trent was over two and ready to get in and out by himself. I just love all the options because I feel like it's growing with us. Maybe make a trip to babies r us and try out all the brands with your little boy. Good luck!

srldesign said...

Yes, I would definitley suggest getting a double stroller. You never know when you'll be all alone with the kids and the need to run out and get something. Plus, I think the older one needs to be at least 3 or 4 to walk alone beside you, unless you want to be running after them in a store. Plus kids get tired walking and almost always want to be pushed. I have a graco double stroller and I love it, keep in mind most doubles are a bit harder to push, but I would suggest looking them up online first and reading others comments and see how they worked for them. There are lots of mothers out there who give really great reviews on strollers. Good luck!

tmiller said...

Yes, you have to have a double stroller! I had a Graco one but it is hard to push, other than that I really liked it! I use the Target store brand dreft. I think it works just as well and smell's just as good and it is a lot cheaper! If you ever need a little break bring Zander over for a while, my kids would love to entertain him!

kelgrandy said...

Our boys are 18 months apart but Ben didn't start walking until a few months after Isaac was born. Needless to say, we live in our double stroller (a Combi Twin Stroller). I take it EVERYWHERE, even to church. I love, love ours. It was kind of pricey, but it's the only side by side that will fit through a regular door and those tiny aisles in a clothing store. The seats can either sit up recline in any position and not necessarily at the same time. Each seat holds a baby that weighs anywhere from 5-40 lbs, which was big for us since both babies were preemies and pretty tiny. Also, it only weighs 23 lbs (very lite for a double stroller) and folds down to the size of a single stroller. You can buy the combi carseat and it will fit right in, but it only holds one carseat. Not a big deal to us. Cons: The shades/visors are kind of short. You can buy extentions, but. . . The baskets underneath are kind of small and the clip that holds the stroller closed isn't the best. I don't care b/c ours is always in the van but some people might be bugged by that.

Angela said...

Hi...I found your blog through Jenny Hoffman's. She and I were in the Single's ward together. I thought I might know you, but I don't think I do...but it was meant to be because I have 4 year old twins and a 2 year old. I LOVE my graco double stroller for many reasons. It is great having the seats front to back. It has trays for both kids and nice canopies and reclines for when they are asleep. The car seats click into the seats for when the babies are little. There is a lot of room for grocery shopping underneath (I could fit a cart full underneath,everyone is always shocked when I get to the register). There is a cup holder for you and a little compartment that will hold keys, chapstick, etc...and it's not as expensive as the per peregos. I have a Joovy sit and stand stroller which is great for an older child and a younger one...but I still prefer my graco because it's great when they fall asleep. I hope that helps!